This Thrifted Thursday is a peek at all the great finds I made off with in my Birthday Thrift Crawl, Part Deux. I usually have great luck at Assistance League shops in general, so I wasn’t surprised about acquiring awesome goods and wares. However, I was taken aback by how deeply discounted most items were at the Assistance League of Santa Monica. I love a deal! This vibrant red patterned scarf ($2.50) could have been used for a number of things, but I intend to wear it as a headscarf. I can’t wait to tie it up in a big bow and twirl on all the haters.
See all the gems from my second annual thrift crawl after the jump!
This particular Outfit of the Day was captured in the height of sweater weather. Who am I kidding? I can wear a good sweater all year long since I’m always cold. Also, I love that the title I chose for this post could totally be the name of my memoir. LOL. See more smirks and the full quirky sweater look after the jump!
Christmas time is the perfect time for a substantial statement sweater. The more bells and whistles the better, in my opinion. I’d say I accomplished that in this Outfit of the Day. Keep reading to see more of this festive look!
1. Guys, I’m pretty sure a future-seeing Madonna was singing about this Oversized Scarf in Grid Check when she said, “Gonna dress you up in my love … all over your body … from your head down to your toes.” This scarf is guaranteed to keep you warm and stylin’, and so my love of excessively large accessories continues. (asos.com)
2. This Organic Foldover Clutch is large enough to keep all your essentials, only in a portable, on-the-go-friendly container. It’s hand-dyed and “with use, age and adventures, this bag will only get better.” (meusshop.com)
3. Bugs Bunny, pink and polka dots sounds outrageous, but this Lazy Oaf x Looney Tunes Tuxedo Bugs Dress just works. It doesn’t hurt that our favorite cartoon rabbit looks dapper as all get-out, might I add. (lazyoaf.com)
4. This sleek, deep V-neck Back at It Again Navy Blue Romper disguises as a dress to the untrained eye. What you can’t see from the front is that this playsuit it backless. Throw this saucy number on for Valentine’s Day and have him in the palm of your hand. (lulus.com)
5. As a thriftanista, I’m always looking for the rarest of finds. Look no further than this Vintage 1980s Trippy Floral Colorful Abstract Southwestern Medium Knit Sweater from Brooklyn Voyager (where Brooklyn at?!). Like with most authentic vintage pieces, there’s only one available, but you’re in good hands with this online shop, which has ample awesomeness to be discovered. (brooklynvoyager.com)
My pals decided to take a lunchtime jaunt to Sunday’s Best Thrift Apparel in Echo Park, and man am I glad we did! This was my first time inside the shop, but I can see why it frequently makes lists for the best thrift shops in Los Angeles. Neatly separated sections, to-die-for pieces and reasonable prices make Sunday’s Best your best bet for thrifting in the quaint neighborhood.
Peeking out from a rack on top of some jackets was this darling, cozy yellow hand-knitted scarf ($2). It was love at first sight, frankly. Not only is this scarf super cute, it does a stellar job of keeping me warm. This piece also has the ability to make lively any outfit I pair with it.
While there, I also did a little window shopping. See what else captured my attention, after the jump!
As you saw in last week’s edition of Thrifted Thursday, my bestie, Yvette, laced me up pretty nicely this past holiday with some awesome secondhand finds. Today, we continue with Part II of my Christmas haul, which is a sweater bonanza!
You’re looking at 100% virgin cashmere here, folks! This Dalton sweater by Marshall Field & Company is everything! And don’t get me started on the gold buttons. *Swoon*
Baby it’s cold outside, so bundle up and warm up to more sweaters after the jump!