1. Now that it’s colder, I wouldn’t mind wearing a fancy hat to warm this noggin of mine. Luckily, there’s Una Hats, which has an abundance of vintage-inspired handmade brims in an array of fabrics and hues. There were too many to choose from, but for now, this True Grit – Oatmeal Felt Western Chic Hat is my favorite. It’s so regal and old-timey. For some reason, the name Eleanor comes to mind. (etsy.com)
2. These Steve Madden Jannyce Black Suede Leather Ankle Boots were made for walking. And that’s just what they’ll do. That’s right, walking to a night out on the town, or an intimate dinner with the one you love. (lulus.com)
3. Move over, standard peacoat. This ultra sleek and stylish Frock Coat is where it’s at. The black faux leather trim on the lapels, shoulders and pockets are just exquisite. (madeleine.co.uk)
4. Hello there, HelloMolly! I don’t know if I’m late to the party but the online shop has plenty of darling items. For example, these multi-colored Puzzle Piece Pants that are just too cool for school. (hellomollyfashion.com)
5. I rep Team Natural all day every day and fully support this Nappy Dictionary T-shirt, because some people just don’t know. (globalcouture.net)
Sevenly was founded on the simple but impactful notion that “People Matter,” and since 2011 has endeavored to do its part in helping make the world a better, friendlier place.
CEO Dale Partridge explained to Forbes, “The name Sevenly was chosen as a distinct play off the word ‘heavenly,’ which we interpret as ‘a world without need.’ This concept combined with the numeral 7, which Biblically has always represented the number of completion, defines not only our name but upholds our mission as well.”
With each purchase of Sevenly merchandise — which includes exclusive, limited-edition products; campaign-specific shirts and “cause art” prints; and curated items — $7 is donated to a featured charity. To date, Sevenly has raised $4 million and helped 1.3 million people and counting. Literally. You can see a real-time total of how much the organization has raised, as well as a countdown for when a particular campaign ends. Causes the Southern California-company has championed include eradication of world hunger, access to medical care in developing nations, sex trafficking survivors, anti-bullying and more.
While perusing Sevenly’s site, I was immediately drawn to this Be Brave With Giving Flowy Raglan.
See what else caught my eye after the jump!
1. I couldn’t have described this neon Electric Safari skater dress better myself. Designer Devyn Shaughnessy of Dressed2love writes, “If you and Lisa Frank went on a safari this might be something you would wear.” I bet we’d have quite the adventure reliving the ’90s. (storenvy.com)
2. Dearly beloved, if we’re really gathered here today to get through this thing called life, we may as well live it to the fullest in this simple but bold Prince tee from Deer Dana. I’d pair it with the icon’s trademark vibrant ankle boot, and take it up several notches with a raspberry beret, perhaps one found at a secondhand store. (openingceremony.us)
3. Zara, you’ve outdone yourself with this Mixed Knit Sequinned Bomber jacket! So many styling possibilities with this fancy little number. (zara.com)
4. Leave it to Anthropologie to craft something so elegant and delicate. This Single Pearl Necklace is just perfect. (anthropologie.com)
5. Go out to lunch with all your Sherlock Holmies in this H&M Wool-blend Cape and look fashion-forward and cool doing it. (hm.com)
1. Calling all bookworms! I’ve found something that’ll make your heart skip a beat. That’s exactly what happened when I laid eyes on this Upcycled Book Lamp from Wolfgar Handmade. Look, kids. Reading can be fun while being fundamental. (etsy.com)
2. Is it back-to-school shopping season yet? LOL. That used to be my favorite time of year in my youth (#nerdalert). Well, if I was still a student, this Women’s Loose Leaf Notebook Paper Print T-Shirt would be at the top of my list. The letter-writing advocate in me just may cop this one, for good measure. (scoutmob.com)
3. Kate Spade just keeps it coming with the hits! The Photo Finish Milo bag is my jam of the moment. (katespade.com)
4. Topshop takes us to the tropics with its Leaf Print Spliced Midi Skirt. Throw on a crop top and you’re ready for a piña colada nightcap. (topshop.com)
5. On your sleeve. On your back. Wherever you wear your heart, I’m sure it can’t top this Heart Cutout Top from Haute Rogue. It’s sweet and daring all it once, and that’s what makes me love it! (hauterogue.com)
Raise your hand if you attended a birthday party at McDonald’s as a kid. Well, that’d be me and my brother, Rob, for sure. We had the luxury of being born in the mid-1980s and on the birthday party circuit in the early ’90s. Granted, I only went to one Micky D’s bash, but it was quite the festive affair. There were relay games and everything!
Anywho, I recently was perusing eBay and happened upon this gem of an “I Partied at McDonald’s” T-shirt ($10). It immediately brought me back down memory lane! The gang’s all there, too: Ronald McDonald, the Hamburglar, Grimace (a.k.a. the purple roundish creature), Birdie the Early Bird and a Fry Kid (that pom-pom-looking thing).
Grand total: $10