Oh, hey. Didn’t see you there. “What have I been up to?,” you ask. I recently partnered with PrettyLittleThing to bring you a super versatile day-to-night fashion haul that ranges from casual cute to hot girl summer. Yes, I’m serving you looks that work for day and shine in the night. To start, here’s one that is undeniably meant for an evening out on the town.
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16
These outfits feature some of my favorite accessories (What’s not to love about bright pops of color, and who doesn’t get life from a good statement necklace?), but as you feast your eyes on these ensembles, you’ll see that one of my main accessories is missing: my AFO brace. I’ve regained strength in my foot after the MS-related flareup that I experienced in September 2017. God is good! More on that next week … But with renewed strength comes a renewed desire to stunt on ’em. Thanks to PrettyLittleThing, I have some killer outfits for you to do just that.
Get into this summer fashion haul and shop the ‘fits after the jump!
This Outfit of the Day is a bit of a flashback to last month when I went on my first cruise to the Bahamas. What a treat that vacation was. See this nautical look in full after the jump!
Get into an all-new batch of must-have goods and wares in this week’s edition of Fancy Things Friday:
1. These Geometric Trick or Treat Black Suede Lace-Up Heels by Glamorous certainly live up to the brand’s name by giving us an extra dose of sass. The chiffon lace-up straps add flair, and don’t even get me started on the ombre rose gold block heel! Game-changer! (lulus.com)
2. Double your pleasure. Double your fun! I’m not talking about Doublemint Gum here. I’m referring to these darling two-toned Round Two-Tone Oversized Sunglasses, spotted on Genuine People. Not feeling the black and white? These bad boys also come in clear and leopard, brown and black, green and black, and blue and black. (genuine-people.com)
3. You know what it is! Make it plain by rocking this bold Pink Have My Currency Crewneck, which cleverly disguises the lyrics to that Rihanna jam that was so popular, even your mom sings along. (shop.nylon.com)
4. Stand tall in these Ruska Jeans in Mini Pinstripe Black and White by Motel. Vertical stripes elongate, so make sure you traipse all over the place with these edgy pantaloons on. I’d keep it cas(ual) and pair these jeans with an oversized sweater and a bootie. Done and done! (motelrocks.com)
5. March to the beat of your own drum with this far-out-there Love Your Shapes Tunic. The print is fun and fancy-free. Perfect for a festive Friday! (wildeunicorn.com)
To see past Fancy Things Friday posts, click here.
This Fancy Things Friday is all about welcoming the sunshine with some spring- and summertime essentials:
1. I’m like hey. What’s up? Hello, Akira! How perfect are these Low-Cut Sides Lace-Up Peep Toe Booties? There’s so much to love about these heeled sandals, especially the cutouts that show a little side-foot action and the tassels. They’re pictured here in Rust, but are also available in Black and Taupe. (shopakira.com)
2. I’m definitely here for these Marina Earrings in Frosted Bronze. Call me crazy, but I’ve got a sudden urge for a cream soda, thanks to these clear and frosted bronze crystals. Plus, these little dazzlers can really elevate an outfit. (glamourandglow.com)
3. This boho-chic Bec & Bridge Mandala Mini Dress is the ideal fun-in-the-sun frock. The dress has a plunging halter neckline and a dreamy pattern throughout. What you can’t see from the picture is that this piece is pretty much backless. Whoa, Nelly! At least there aren’t any potential wonky tan lines to cramp your style. (shopbop.com)
4. Brace yourself, ’cause this Stripe Cutout Jumpsuit from Hot & Delicious is exactly that! The wide-leg pants are bold and edgy, but also bring an element of wonder: Is that a dress or a wide-leg jumpsuit? It’s magical. I’m particularly fond of the cutout bodice, which shows off a little back. I mean, a little back never hurt no one. This jumpsuit just commands attention, so don’t forget to bring your A game when it comes to accessorizing! (shoptiques.com)
5. If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it’s only fitting that your Outfit of the Day pay tribute. This darling Breakfast Dress by Ziztar is quirky and sweet all at the same time, with its eggs and phoenix print throughout and ever-so-subtle ruffles at the bottom. If you do it right, this super-stylish shift dress can last you day to night. I’d start off with some all-white canvas sneakers, like Keds or Chuck Taylors, then step it up by nightfall with a bedazzled bootie or a strappy heel. Versatility is key! (shop.nylon.com)
To see past Fancy Things Friday posts, click here.
1. Stop the presses! These Paules heels from Aldo make quite the statement with its black-and-white polka dots and pale teal strap. The daring appeal of these strappy sandals would make me want to live dangerously and pair it with something unexpected, like a red or orange sundress. (aldoshoes.com)
2. Meet the talented Janessa Leoné. This Henningsen wool and lambskin hat is an effortless, classic beauty. It’s giving me quintessential film noir dame in the best sense possible. (janessaleone.com)
3. Miss Selfridge fuses naughty (think nautical) and nice with this Petites Stripe Pinny Dress. I predict sunshine, sand and beach umbrellas in this dress’ future. (missselfridge.com)
4. X marks to spot in this extra edgy X-It Through the Jumpsuit. You can’t see it from this image, but this exquisite number features a racer back with cut-outs. (gojane.com)
5. Let’s face it. I’m Too Cool For You and this tee proves it. Of course, you gotta bring it when you make such a brazen statement. You’ll prove them right, whether you go the tomboy route with some high-top Chuck Taylors and camouflage-print shorts or the girly route with a pair of skinny jeans, a loud lip color and bright pump. (rad.co)
1. Polka dots make me happy. These Dots Mid Top kicks via BucketFeet would definitely put a little spring — heck, perhaps a kick ball change or two — in my step! These fun ones were designed by Carrie Van Hise, a textile artist based in NYC and Barcelona. (bucketfeet.com)
2. I feel like me and Kendra Dandy, the innovative mastermind behind Bouffants & Broken Hearts, are kindred spirits. Her work just speaks to me. I was so excited to discover that some of her prints are available in scarf form from Printed Village. Trust me. They’re all dope. But the Citrus and Stripes scarf is ah-mazing, perfect for adding some pizzazz to an outfit or spicing up a handbag. So many possibilities! And don’t even get me started on headwrap options. (printedvillage.com)
3. Who you know fresher than Joe? Riddle me that. This Stripe Flare Dress from Joe Fresh has a modern classic feel, thanks to the super flattering silhouette. Hey, sometimes less is more. (joefresh.com)
4. By now, you may have noticed a common theme in this week’s post: patterns/prints. While the other items have bold patterns, this Wilfred Lavande Dress in Heather Black has a more subtle print. More specifically, it’s a softly structured Italian ponte fabric with stretch. Get ready to turns heads with this spicy ensemble. Looking at you, deep V-neckline and exposed front zipper. (aritzia.com)
5. This Fine-Knit Printed Jumper from Cos speaks for itself. You don’t need to add much more to make it pop, which makes it the ideal casual Friday or lazy Sunday sweater. (cosstores.com)
Pastels smack dab in the middle of October makes complete sense, thanks to this beautiful California sunshine. See more of this springy look after the jump!
1. When it comes to sunglasses, my motto is “go big or go home.” Not only to these Holly Sunglasses fit the mold, they break it. Now that’s what I call doing it big. (hollydiamonds.com)
2. Dance and twirl the night away in this Starry Night/Vincent Van Gogh-inspired skirt. This Retro Stylish Printed High Elastic Waist Short Skirt from Jolly Chic just invites whimsy. (jollychic.com)
3. Meg & Dia would be delighted to find that this Elbow Patch Cardigan is the epitome of cardigan weather. (hazelandolive.com)
4. This Double Breasted Coat provides more than a little pop of red. It gives off an explosion. And just like that, I think I’ve officially warmed up to the idea of colder seasons. (zara.com)
5. From the runways to the walkways, all eyes will be on you when you use this luxurious Madeline Paris Clutch to complement your outfit. If you want to go hands-free, wear it across your body with the optional gold chain. (morninglavender.com)
“She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.” Proverbs 31:14
This past Saturday, my guy and I made the trek to Corona to see my friends from my previous job for a potluck and game night. I guess I was channeling my desire for a cool ocean breeze with this nautical-inspired outfit, as the temps that day were nearly 100 degrees. Thank God for air conditioning at Mel’s house and a lovely time spent with lovely people.
Top: Forever 21
Skinny Jeans: C’est Toi Jeans
Flats: Old Navy
Earrings: Forever 21
1. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen anything quite like these Lovestruck collaboration oxfords-meet-booties from LoveMade and Solestruck. I’m intrigued. They look much better on. If the polka dots aren’t your cup of tea, these masterpieces come in pink neon black and cheetah. Hurry! They’re selling out. (solestruck.com)
2. The ruffles found in these Sashay into the Sun Swimsuit Bottoms elevate this bikini bottom to a whole new stratosphere. But no need to get out of this world when these sassy bottoms belong on the beaches. P.S. Summer Solstice is tommorrow. Yippee skippy! (modcloth.com)
3. Call me crazy, but the Inaya Aztec One Shoulder Playsuit, with its bold print and daring color palette, takes my mind to a modern take on “Bedrock beauty.” Go with me for a sec. Reimagine “The Flinstones” in this day and age. Wouldn’t this be something that a grown-up Pebbles would wear out with her girls? Anywho, take this look from day to night by adding a belt and some heels. (missguidedus.com)
4. Say “hello hello” to these dainty and delicate Tiro Tiro Circle/Slash Studs. (tirotiro.com)
5. This Dress Lily Stripes Print Chiffon Scoop Neck T-Shirt has “me” written all over it. The styling possibilities are so vast! I’m thinking yellow leather joggers. Do those even exist? (dresslily.com)