This Wednesday Word No. 93, courtesy of The Happy Housie, is a reminder that even the seasons can offer hope. It’s officially springtime, but the weather in Los Angeles is having a bit of an identity crisis, as it rained yesterday and will have an encore throughout today. I’m right there with all you sunshine lovers with my old-school chant of “Rain, rain go away, come again another day.” I mean, I thought we were over this. Apparently, February saw as many rainy days as it did sunny ones (and, therefore, enough rain for the rest of the year, if you ask me), which is unheard of for Southern California. But before I get caught up in this trivial gripe, I must acknowledge that there are some great perks that have come from rainfall. Without the rain, there are no blooming wildflowers and succulent succulents and lush green hills that I have recently been pleasantly surprised by. On a deeper level, this quote speaks to the newness that’s sure to come. No matter how dreadful your present day may look, there’s always the promise of a better, brighter tomorrow. After the storm comes sunshine. It just takes a little darkness for you to fully appreciate the light. I hope your perspective shifts when you consider how long you’ve been in a place you’d rather not be. Change will soon come. Believe that!
To get inspired by previous Wednesday Word posts, click here.
1. I spy with my little eye this wildly eccentric Essentiel Perspex Eye Clutch. The streets will definitely be watching with this clutch in your hands or on your shoulder. And while they’re looking, give them something to talk about by pairing this purse with a fierce outfit. (luisaviaroma.com)
2. Friends! Spring has finally arrived! Not only are these Fine Dining Heels in Watercolor perfectly crafted, they possess the essence of springtime: fresh, bright, vibrant, energizing. These fun numbers deserve more than fine dining, as their name suggests. (modcloth.com)
3. Isn’t she a beaut? The model is cute, but I’m talking about this stunning True Violet Structured Painted Floral Print Maxi Dress With High Low Hem. I could even see this as a wedding dress for an alternative bride. (asos.com)
4. Long live the Dancing Girls emoji! Now my favorite text-messaging symbol can be used to add some flair to any and all of my outfits. Thanks, Valley Cruise for bringing this darling BFF Lapel Pin into my life. May we never forget the time my pal, Zita, and I dressed like these quirky characters for 826LA’s Dance-a-thon. (valleycruisepress.com)
5. I’m feeling the breezy, springtime vibes from this bright yellow Draped Dress. It makes me wanna soak up the sunshine, which has been plentiful, as of late. Yes, Lord! (mango.com)
Pastels smack dab in the middle of October makes complete sense, thanks to this beautiful California sunshine. See more of this springy look after the jump!