This Fancy Things Friday features some springtime essentials:
1. ASOS flipped the script with these darling Leonie Square Ballet Flats by going against the expected rounded or pointed toe. The bright Orange color is exactly what’s missing from my spring-to-summer wardrobe, too. All the more reason to cop! (asos.com)
2. What’s not to love about these Black Patterned Sunglasses from H&M? I’m especially partial to the gold bar resting across the top. But you knew that already. Subtle yet stunning, I’d rock these shades any day. (hm.com)
3. Simplicity is key with this Lauren 3/4 Sleeve Curved Hem Bodycon Dress. If you’re looking for some color, this dress also comes in Black, Olive, Peach, Teal, Wine (red) and Sky (blue). This is prime for summertime stuntin’. Pair this dress with a strappy heel and a colorful clutch. (boohoo.com)
4. This Lala Peplum Top by House of Ubuhle can really put some pep in a girl’s step. First off, the V cut screams “va-va-va-voom” and is perfect for a date night. Secondly, the pattern and silhouette are all about sophistication. I, personally, would rock this with a black pencil skirt. (zuvaa.com)
5. I never understood why people paid so much money to look like they literally rolled out of bed … Until now. This 1 AM Dress is so chic and stylish that I almost don’t mind the $130 (US dollars) price tag for the tousled threads. The knot detail really brings the look home! (maurieandeve.com)
To see past Fancy Things Friday posts, click here.
1. It’s like Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde with these Half and Half Quilted Front Jeans from Go Jane. From the back, these look like your run-of-the-mill skinny jeans, but the front is full frontal with loads of sass. (gojane.com)
2. Gold and cubic zirconia go hand in hand in these dainty Melinda Maria Remy Gold White CZ Pod Stud Earrings. I’m a huge fan of the perfectly imperfect shape of the triangles, which are quite endearing and elegant. (maxandchloe.com)
3. Exclusive to Mossman Clothing, The Epitome Of Stealth Skirt is as sly as a leopard waiting to pounce on its prey. Be the fiercest belle of them all in this super fun piece. (mossmanclothing.com.au)
4. Sometimes you just gotta let the boo-la-la-las know what’s up. I think they’ll get the memo with this Lovers + Friends Hello Lover Sequin Graphic Pullover. I personally would layer this sweater with a collared shirt and throw on a pair of patterned pants, just to stunt a little. (dailylook.com)
5. New Look’s Blue Floral Print Dial Watch will do wonders for keeping you on time and on point all year round. (newlook.com)
It was another scorcher in Long Beach this past weekend, so the high temperatures called for high hemlines. See more of this unapologetically summery look after the jump!
“She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.” Proverbs 31:14
This past Saturday, my guy and I made the trek to Corona to see my friends from my previous job for a potluck and game night. I guess I was channeling my desire for a cool ocean breeze with this nautical-inspired outfit, as the temps that day were nearly 100 degrees. Thank God for air conditioning at Mel’s house and a lovely time spent with lovely people.
Top: Forever 21
Skinny Jeans: C’est Toi Jeans
Flats: Old Navy
Earrings: Forever 21
See more of the bright ensemble after the jump!
“Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, which, having no captain, overseer or ruler, provides her supplies in the summer, and gathers her food in the harvest.” Proverbs 6:6-8
This past week I started a new job! You’re looking at the first-ever official marketing and communications assistant for 826LA! Such an exhilarating time for me. The position is a one-year contract through AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America), which is like the domestic Peace Corps. For the first time in a while I feel like I’m doing meaningful work, since I’m putting my skills and talents to use at a nonprofit writing and tutoring center that serves students ages 6 to 18. I wore this particular outfit to work on a day that the staff met to set goals for the upcoming year and review its challenges. I must say, it feels great to be a part of a team of like-minded individuals seeking to improve and maximize their effectiveness so that they can better fulfill the organization’s mission. Happy to be on board!
Tank: Old Navy
Shoes: Thrifted (and gifted)
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: Forever 21
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 1:2
I had to dress it up a bit for my 30th birthday on Monday. After having a wonderful weekend in the Bay Area, my BF, some friends and I celebrated at Mai Tai Bar in Downtown Long Beach. I’m in love with this shade of coral! It looks great on my skin, if I can say so myself. Of course, I went with my tried-and-true gold accents to complete my look. If you can’t tell, I’m welcoming 30 in with open arms. Get over here, you big galoot!
Dress: Forever 21
Earrings: Gifted (Francesca’s)
“My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.” Psalm 57:7
“Helloooo. Is it me you’re looking for?” Why yes, yes it is. Tee hee! Last night a few gal pals and I went to the Lionel Richie concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim (thanks for the tickets, Bernie!), with CeeLo as the opening act. I wanted to make a statement so I rocked this head wrap and black strapless jumpsuit. I took the painless route and wore these sandals, and tied it all together with a thrifted shoulder bag. The title of the concert, “All The Hits All Night Long Tour,” was spot on as Lionel played all the jams, including “Hello,” “Say You, Say Me,” “Endless Love” (sans Diana), “Stuck on You,” “Dancing on the Ceiling,” “All Night Long” (of course), and some Commodores tunes such as “Brick House” and “Fancy Dancer” (my new theme song).
Head Wrap: Garment District L.A.
Jumpsuit: Forever 21
Earrings: Forever 21
“But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever.” Psalm 52:8
A great creature by the name of Kermit the Frog once lamented, “It’s not easy being green,” but I must say this darling high-low top makes it pretty painless. I let the shirt do all the talking while my gold accents played the background. I personally like the statement necklace tucked in for a more subtle look. This bright little number also transitions well from day to night.
Top: Fenn Wright Manson
Jeans: C’est Toi Jeans
Flats: Old Navy
Earrings: Forever 21
Cardigan: Frenchi (from Nordstrom)
“Do not let your adornment be merely outward — arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel — rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.” 1 Peter 3:3,4
Last month, my sister and I went to Pechanga Casino and Resort in Temecula, Calif., to have dinner in honor of our friend’s birthday. It didn’t call for anything as fancy as a party dress and I didn’t want to go with the extra-dressed-down jeans and a T-shirt, so I met somewhere in the middle with this peplum top with an embossed collar detail, skinny jeans and my vintage Liz Claiborne heels. In keeping with the pop of red and gold from the shoes, I added a thrifted handbag and two-toned, tribal-esque earrings. Though I didn’t gamble that night, I hit the jackpot with this look!
Peplum Top: Nordstrom’s Rack
Skinny Jeans: H&M
Heels: Thrifted (Liz Claiborne)