I like things and lots of them. You’d be appalled at how many tabs I have open in a given window on my Web browser. It’s ridiculous. I see all these fun things that I pine after or want to learn more about, and they just keep on piling up. So to keep tabs on all that catches my eye and/or steals my heart, I present to you “Fancy Things Friday.”
P.S. It’s a double entendre (another thing I’m fond of): These lists will comprise things that I fancy, as in adore/appreciate/am captivated by, and things that I think are fancy, as in extravagant/special/awesome.
1. Wall art. I can never have too much of it. Lately I’ve been eying paintings of birds on telephone wires. (etsy.com)
2. Every now and then we need to be reminded of what we’re capable of. I love this simple but bold statement (Dream Believe Achieve) tee from what just may be new favorite style blog. (sincerelyjules.com)
3. I’ve been craving the steak and eggs brunch dish (essentially presented as steak nachos) from Cafe Biere in Emeryville. But since I’m back in L.A., I found this chilaquiles recipe (similar to Biere’s take) that is close enough. (spoonforkbacon.com)
4. Say what you want about Taylor Swift, but I’m diggin’ these spunky new kicks she designed for Keds. (keds.com)
5. A few friends and I just bought tickets to the Shecky’s Girls Night Out in L.A., slated for May 31. The discounted tickets are only $12 ($30 regular), and include gift bags, drinks, pampering and fun. Can’t wait! (sheckys.com)