This Wednesday Word No. 95, courtesy of Pinterest, is all about leveraging the power that comes from dancing like no one’s watching to your advantage. Guys, I just left an amazing dance party that started at 6:30 a.m. at Wurstküche in Venice, and I loved every minute of it. To get a taste of just how
ridiculous fantastic it was, run fast and watch my Story on Snapchat (ashleyadores) before it disappears tomorrow morning. I’m talking costumes, high-energy music, eccentric dancing, hydrating beverages and all kinds of interesting characters. The best thing was that no one was concerned about looking silly or being judged. The fact that we were dressed in jungle-themed costumes in a restaurant before operating hours with strangers is silly in and of itself. Who does that? LOL. Me and at least 300 wild-and-free people in Los Angeles. There’s a certain sense of power that comes with not giving a care about what others may think of you. As fellow unabashedly silly gal Amy Poehler says, “If you can dance and be free and not be embarrassed, you can rule the world.”
To get inspired by previous Wednesday Word posts, click here.
For this Wednesday Word No. 4, I went with a quote from French Enlightenment writer and philosopher Voltaire. My hope is that it motivates you to get out there and enjoy life, and to do the things that will ultimately make this world a better place. This quote was hand lettered by the amazingly creative Lisa Congdon, by the way.
1. Keone and Mariel Madrid have done it again! They just released the conceptual video “Latch” by Disclosure featuring Sam Smith, and it is phenomenal. These two never cease to amaze and inspire with their choreography. I’m in awe of how effortlessly they move and the way they can tell a story that touches your heart in such a profound way via the art form of dance. Bravo, Keone and Mari! I also love it because it’s “our song.” (youtube.com)
2. I’m completely smitten with Wanderlust + Co’s Industrial XL-Gem Gold Necklace, and its Gunmetal sister. It’s so versatile and can work with multiple outfits, such as a crew-neck sweater or a strapless party dress. (wanderlustandco.com)
3. This Motel Gabby Plunge Back Dress in White Disco Sequin would have made a lovely New Year’s Eve frock. (motelrocks.com)
4. “Adorable” doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about these suede Morganne Slingback Flats from Sole Society. They come in purple noir and black, but I’m partial to the French taupe hue. Needless to say, the bow is everything! (solesociety.com)
5. Go Jane is resurrecting one of my favorite ’80s fashion trends, which has been executed fabulously: these Colored Acid Wash Jeans. This wine color is so spunky and unique. And how could I forget about the high waist? Pair these bad boys with a cropped tee and some heels, and you’re ready for the world. (See what I did there? LOL.) (gojane.com)