This Fancy Things Friday is all about welcoming the sunshine with some spring- and summertime essentials:
1. I’m like hey. What’s up? Hello, Akira! How perfect are these Low-Cut Sides Lace-Up Peep Toe Booties? There’s so much to love about these heeled sandals, especially the cutouts that show a little side-foot action and the tassels. They’re pictured here in Rust, but are also available in Black and Taupe. (shopakira.com)
2. I’m definitely here for these Marina Earrings in Frosted Bronze. Call me crazy, but I’ve got a sudden urge for a cream soda, thanks to these clear and frosted bronze crystals. Plus, these little dazzlers can really elevate an outfit. (glamourandglow.com)
3. This boho-chic Bec & Bridge Mandala Mini Dress is the ideal fun-in-the-sun frock. The dress has a plunging halter neckline and a dreamy pattern throughout. What you can’t see from the picture is that this piece is pretty much backless. Whoa, Nelly! At least there aren’t any potential wonky tan lines to cramp your style. (shopbop.com)
4. Brace yourself, ’cause this Stripe Cutout Jumpsuit from Hot & Delicious is exactly that! The wide-leg pants are bold and edgy, but also bring an element of wonder: Is that a dress or a wide-leg jumpsuit? It’s magical. I’m particularly fond of the cutout bodice, which shows off a little back. I mean, a little back never hurt no one. This jumpsuit just commands attention, so don’t forget to bring your A game when it comes to accessorizing! (shoptiques.com)
5. If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it’s only fitting that your Outfit of the Day pay tribute. This darling Breakfast Dress by Ziztar is quirky and sweet all at the same time, with its eggs and phoenix print throughout and ever-so-subtle ruffles at the bottom. If you do it right, this super-stylish shift dress can last you day to night. I’d start off with some all-white canvas sneakers, like Keds or Chuck Taylors, then step it up by nightfall with a bedazzled bootie or a strappy heel. Versatility is key! (shop.nylon.com)
To see past Fancy Things Friday posts, click here.
My Hawaii vacation was pretty amazing (check back tomorrow for the full Travel Log), and it was only enhanced by exploring the island’s best attractions and venues while wearing some fabulous outfits. In this dual Outfit of the Day and Night, I step out in style with two lovely pieces, courtesy of Tobi, the online retailer that has THE most darling women’s apparel and has been featured in many a Fancy Things Friday.
See more of this daytime ensemble and discover what I cooked up for the nighttime after the jump!
1. Zara is giving me full-on springtime sass with these Leather High Heeled Sandals With Bow. I live! (zara.com)
2. A lovely tribute to legendary African-American songstresses Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday and Etta James, this Queens Tee from Hayes Denim Co. offers many styling possibilities. Maxi skirt? Colorful denim? Yes, please! But however you choose to style it, be sure to wear it proudly–we come from great stock! (hayesdenimco.bigcartel.com)
3. I know I can always count on Morning Lavender for simple, darling apparel. Such is the case with this gorgeous Amelia Full Blue Maxi Skirt, which reminds me of serene oceans and the fact that I’m long overdue for a tropical getaway. (morninglavender.com)
4. This Skater Dress by My Asho Market is a thing of beauty, crafted with fabric straight outta Nigeria and Ghana. With such a vibrant, unique pattern, this number would be perfect for a summer wedding or an elaborate dinner party. (nubianhueman.com)
5. Everything’s coming up roses with this super sweet Cut-Out Rose Print Dress from Topshop. Pair this stunning dress with a red lip and rosy accessories, and you’ve got a stylish take on the red, white and blue that are a hallmark of Independence Day. Yes, I’m already looking ahead to the summer holiday. Don’t sleep on the Fourth of July, folks. (topshop.com)
“By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.” Proverbs 24:3,4
On a recent Sunday afternoon I visited my friend Sierra’s house in Richmond, California. I loved how much space she had and the backyard — overgrown foliage and all — which made for an awesome backdrop for this mini photo shoot in which I rocked some of my birthday gifts given to me by my bestie, Yvette. The sun was shining and the laughter was in abundance, as we enjoyed a small but tasty barbecue and grapefruit beer. It was a great day.
Dress: Gifted (Roxy)
Earrings: Gifted (Francesca’s)
1. Calling all bookworms! I’ve found something that’ll make your heart skip a beat. That’s exactly what happened when I laid eyes on this Upcycled Book Lamp from Wolfgar Handmade. Look, kids. Reading can be fun while being fundamental. (etsy.com)
2. Is it back-to-school shopping season yet? LOL. That used to be my favorite time of year in my youth (#nerdalert). Well, if I was still a student, this Women’s Loose Leaf Notebook Paper Print T-Shirt would be at the top of my list. The letter-writing advocate in me just may cop this one, for good measure. (scoutmob.com)
3. Kate Spade just keeps it coming with the hits! The Photo Finish Milo bag is my jam of the moment. (katespade.com)
4. Topshop takes us to the tropics with its Leaf Print Spliced Midi Skirt. Throw on a crop top and you’re ready for a piña colada nightcap. (topshop.com)
5. On your sleeve. On your back. Wherever you wear your heart, I’m sure it can’t top this Heart Cutout Top from Haute Rogue. It’s sweet and daring all it once, and that’s what makes me love it! (hauterogue.com)