“My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.” Psalm 57:7
“Helloooo. Is it me you’re looking for?” Why yes, yes it is. Tee hee! Last night a few gal pals and I went to the Lionel Richie concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim (thanks for the tickets, Bernie!), with CeeLo as the opening act. I wanted to make a statement so I rocked this head wrap and black strapless jumpsuit. I took the painless route and wore these sandals, and tied it all together with a thrifted shoulder bag. The title of the concert, “All The Hits All Night Long Tour,” was spot on as Lionel played all the jams, including “Hello,” “Say You, Say Me,” “Endless Love” (sans Diana), “Stuck on You,” “Dancing on the Ceiling,” “All Night Long” (of course), and some Commodores tunes such as “Brick House” and “Fancy Dancer” (my new theme song).
Head Wrap: Garment District L.A.
Jumpsuit: Forever 21
Earrings: Forever 21
1. Isn’t it lovely? There’s so much to love about Aldo’s Hosken flat slingbacks. I’m particularly fond of that eye-popping black-and-white pattern on the toe. Now to find the perfect sundress to complement them. (aldoshoes.com)
2. This bright neon green Easy Sleeveless A-line Dress is a likely contender. I’m a huge fan of the drama and glamour that this dress can and will bring. P.S. The skirt portion is so poofy it was a struggle to fit it in the frame. My kind of dress! (oasap.com)
3. If ever I had $980 just laying around, I would splurge on this Falkor statement necklace. Currently made to order, this Dylanlex piece is made with antique Swarovski crystals, signature coins and detailed Indian filigree, and is guaranteed to make you shine. (dylanlex.com)
4. National Small Business Week may have ended, but ’round these parts I’m keeping the local love going strong. You have to check out Sexy Swim Boutique for all your summer swimwear. This Red Bow Bandeau Top High-Waisted Bikini has that sultry retro vibe that I can’t get enough of. Plus it has two things that I absolutely adore: polka dots and bows. It’s ready for pre-order! Get it while it’s hot. (sexyswim.storenvy.com)
5. It’s rare that you find a blue leather jacket. All I can say is, it’s electric. Muubaa Sembri Leather Jacket, there’s just something about you. (nastygal.com)
“But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever.” Psalm 52:8
A great creature by the name of Kermit the Frog once lamented, “It’s not easy being green,” but I must say this darling high-low top makes it pretty painless. I let the shirt do all the talking while my gold accents played the background. I personally like the statement necklace tucked in for a more subtle look. This bright little number also transitions well from day to night.
Top: Fenn Wright Manson
Jeans: C’est Toi Jeans
Flats: Old Navy
Earrings: Forever 21
Cardigan: Frenchi (from Nordstrom)
1. This Pep-Lum Talk Strappy Cropped Top combines two trends that I’m quite fond of: peplum and crop top! (gojane.com)
2. Seeing these orange Premium Trim Linen-Blend Trousers makes me want to bask in the sunshine while enjoying a delicious ice cream cone. They’re just that cute. (mango.com)
3. I appreciate the modesty found in this Holly Layer Detail Pleat Flared Dress, not to mention the beautiful teal hue. (boohoo.com)
4. You can’t tell by looking at the front of this seemingly demure, collared long-sleeved Veronica Romper, but it’s full of sass with its open back. It’s the little surprises that make me fall in love with pieces like these. (shopwasteland.com)
5. In my book, scarves are fair game even in the warmth of spring. Take a gander at this adorable Wilfred Croix Scarf, which I definitely wouldn’t mind adorning myself with this season. (us.aritzia.com)