1. If you love smart social commentary, pop culture recaps so on point they’ll have you screaming “YAASSS!” all by yourself, and copious amounts of laughter (who doesn’t?), I’ve got the podcast for you! It’s called The Get., and it was created by my pal Ivy and her good friend Rhiana (Ovary Gang, represent!). I just love how transparent these women are and how inviting the podcast is. The Get just, well, gets me — my delight in shedding light on the most epic shadings of our day and the varying levels of foolishness in need of a good rebuking and all. It’s like these gals are right there with me in my living room. So basically get in on The Get! You won’t be disappointed. New episodes drop biweekly on Wednesdays. (www.wearetheget.com)
2. A tip of the hat to the good people over at J. Crew for bringing this luxurious Wide-Brimmed Felt Hat With Leather Band to the masses. With some over-the knee boots, a bold lip and this hat, you couldn’t tell me nothing! (jcrew.com)
3. Doesn’t this super cozy Maronie Shawl Cardigan look how a warm hug feels? Ah, drink it in. This sweater is rife for opportunities for layering. Make a piece like this one of your staples this season. (hautelook.com)
4. You know by now that I go ga-ga for d’orsay flats. Mix in a variety of patterns and textures and I’ll swoon. These dazzling Elsemma flats had that effect on me. These fun shoes can elevate a plain look to plain dope, and I need them in my life. That is all. (justfab.com)
5. Hey now! Whether you wear these Crepe Cigarette Trousers in Red around the office or out on the town, you’ll be making a bold statement. Pow! (www.missguidedus.com)
To see past Fancy Things Friday posts, click here.